Quiet time is the time set aside regularly to go to a quiet place and meet with God. It is the time set aside to communicate with the father through the living word with the assistance of the Holy Spirit and also to bring our requests to God in prayer. Through quiet time we cultivate a relationship with God.
WHY DO WE NEED QUIET TIME?
- we need God's power to cope with daily activities - 1kings 19:7, Jn15:5, Isa.40:31, Prov.3:5-6.
- we pattern our lives after our Lord Jesus Christ's life by following his steps - Matt.14:23, Mk.1:25, 6:46, 1Pet. 2:21.
- To cultivate a personal habit of worshiping the Lord and thereby help our personal devotion - 1Pet.2;2, Josh.1:8, Psalm 1:1-3, Psalm 95:6.
- To create personal adjustment to the teachings of the Bible, Living by the word, reacting positively to the Bible - Jn.1:12-14, Matt.6:6, Phil. 2:1, 1Pet 2:2, James 1:21-25.
- Create right reaction to trials and temptations that befall us. Substance already imparted in us help to react to situations and circumstances - 1Pet. 1:3-7, Heb.12:10-11.
like our facebook page christly minded
WHAT YOU REQUIRE FOR QUIET TIME
- The Holy Bible (it is advisable to have more than one version and a good reference of the Bible by the side).
- Hymn book/chorus book and dictionary.
- Notebook and a Pencil
- List of Prayers points
- Aid: maybe a daily devotionals.
TIME AND PLACE OF QUIET TIME
- Frequently , at least once a day - Dan. 6:10
- place: a quiet place.
- Duration: to be determined by the believer such that it does not encroach on another activity for the day and keeping in mind that God deserves our best, not our left over.
- Period of the day: at any acceptable time, preferably early in the morning.
don't forget to like our facebook page christly minded
BENEFITS OF QUIET TIME
- provides an opportunity for the soul to linger in the presence of God, laying the innermost being before him.
- Entering a reverent and affectionate yet fruitful conference with him.Creates an atmosphere where God speaks to you and you speak back to him.
- working knowledge of the bible.
- we get to know God, his nature, character and ways.
A fruitful and consistent quiet time brings out a balanced spiritual development in at least three different areas:
healthy and fruitful bible knowledge and fruitful prayer life.