Today's Quote

Today's Quote
"What worked for others may not work for for, ask God for the grace to adopt the right strategy for every situation"

Like Us on facebook

Daniel Anthony - Find me on Bloggers.com

24 Oct 2012

Bible Verses to overcoming Temptations

    The bible tells us to flee from every temptation that comes our way. It does not say stay with it you have the power to control it but it said flee from temptation. For those of you who have not read the first part of this article you can read it here .

If you're struggling with temptation in your life, take some encouragement from these verses and pray the prayer below, asking the Lord to help you deal with the temptations you face each day.

here are the list of bible verses to help your overcome temptations.

(psalm 119:9-10) 
 Where shall a young man cleanse his way?
but  by taking heed to thy word.  
 With my whole heart have I sought thee:  O let me not wander from thy commandments.

(psalm 119:11)
 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

(Mathew 4:1-4) 
  Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

(luke 11:14) 
And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

(james 4:7)
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

(james 4:17) 
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

(1 Corinthians 10:13)
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
   
 Dear Lord,
You know the temptations that I am facing today. But your Word promises that I will not be tempted more than what I can handle I ask for your grace to stand up under the temptation whenever I encounter it. Your Word also tells me you will provide a way out of the temptation. Please, Lord, give me the wisdom to walk away when I am tempted, and the clarity to see the way out that you will provide. Thank you, God, that you are a faithful saviour.
Amen

2 comments:

  1. Temptations and Trials are twin power that oppose or challenge a Christian And now I have learnt to overcome Temptations and Endure Trials in Jesus name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael, you are right, both are what opposes christians, and am happy, you have learnt how to overcome it. remain blessed

      Delete

feel free to write your comment, if you have an idea, want to make an addition.