Today's Quote

Today's Quote
"What worked for others may not work for for, ask God for the grace to adopt the right strategy for every situation"

Like Us on facebook

Daniel Anthony - Find me on Bloggers.com

8 Nov 2012

Forgiveness

What do you think about forgiveness, is it good for someone to forgive when the offense is  too very offensive. sometimes it is hard to forgive, while others say so, people still believe that to forgive is not easy and it is not compulsory to forgive. but that is not the case for Christians, because  we have been commanded to forgive. 

 What is Forgiveness?
according to the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, is 'to grant free pardon and to give up all claim on account of an offense or debt'.
in a Lame man term, forgiveness is letting go of the wrongs someone has done to you.

    When Paul ask Jesus Christ how many times they can forgive, Jesus Christ answered that they should forgive 7 times 77 times (Matthew 18:22).

Scriptures on forgiveness 

Wash me thoroughly [and repeatedly] from my iniquity and guilt and cleanse me and make me wholly pure from my sin!  psalm 51:2

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right, persevering, and steadfast spirit within me. Cast me not away from Your presence and take not Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and uphold me with a willing spiritpsalm 51: 10-12

If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land  2 chronicles 10:14

I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide. I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord [continually unfolding the past till all is told]--then You [instantly] forgave me the guilt and iniquity of my sin psalm 32:5

  And when they came to the place that is called The Skull, there they crucified him, and the criminals, one on his right and one on his left. (34) And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” And they cast lots to divide his garmentsLuke 23:33-34 

   We need to forgive one another for that is the command of God. the bible says we need to be holy just has the father is holy, and the father is all merciful and all forgiving God. 

Thank you for reading today's article, please comment and share this if you find it useful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to write your comment, if you have an idea, want to make an addition.